S-S 24-hour Coverage (8.5 to 13.5 hour shifts)
- Degree: Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy.
- Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Council on
- Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).
- Experience: One year of professional pharmacy experience after graduation.
Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a pharmacist.
- Perform a full range of pharmacist duties in both outpatient and inpatient practice settings.
- Work closely with clinical staff in developing patient wellness programs such as smoking cessation programs and asthma classes.
- Provide medication information to the clinical staff as required.
- Provide clinical direction of corpsmen and pharmacy technicians and provide input into job performance evaluations.
- Consult with other specialty practitioners who have been referred for pharmaceutical services.
- Ensure that work areas are clean and safe according to applicable regulations.
- Document significant medication interactions, and pharmacy interactions with prescribers.
- Execute drug utilization reviews (DURs) as deemed necessary.
- Renew medications for patients in accordance with policies and procedures approved by the Pharmacy & Therapeutics committee.
Review prescriptions at admissions and discharge, checking for potential interactions; deliver the medication to the patient at bedside, offering information on how to take the medication; schedule follow-up calls to discuss the medication regimen and answer any remaining questions, providing phone and on-line support to the patient.