PPDG is currently looking for a Medical Office Clerk to provide services to Naval Health Clinic, Cherry Point, NC.
No weekends-No holidays!! This is a Monday through Friday job opportunity; hours are 7:30 am – 4:00 pm.
- Fully qualified typist with a minimum of 50 WPM is required.
- General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills
- General office administrative and clerical skills to perform receptionist duties and answer skills
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency. Medical terminology desired.
- At least six months of experience in office setting
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets patients/visitors at a front desk, information center or office setting
- Answers main office phone line. Directs calls to appropriate section for assistance. Takes messages as required.
- Arranges and schedules medical appointments and determines patient eligibility for services.
- Obtains updates and files medical records as needed.