We are seeking a highly skilled and dedicated Medical Laboratory Technician to join our team at the 1st Medical Group Military Training Facility (MTF). As a Medical Laboratory Technician, you will provide direct support to our medical facility by performing a full range of clinical laboratory tests and ensuring the accuracy and quality of test results.
- Perform a wide variety of clinical laboratory tests in areas such as hematology, chemistry, cytology, histotechnology, urinalysis, serology, microbiology, and blood bank.
- Assess the suitability of specimens for analysis and maintain their physiologic state.
- Prepare specimens for analysis and ensure proper handling and storage.
- Prepare reagents and primary reference materials as needed.
- Calibrate, standardize, adjust, and maintain laboratory instruments.
- Verify instrument operation and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Collect and analyze analytical data, convert results to the appropriate units of reporting, and verify the accuracy of the results.
- Conduct quality control procedures on equipment, reagents, and products.
- Maintain accurate records for quality control and quality assurance reports.
- Prepare specimens for transport to the laboratory or for mail-out.
- Ensure proper disposal of biological waste.
- Degree/Education: Certificate Graduate from a medical laboratory technician training program accredited by the
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health
Education Schools (ABHES) or educational program acceptable to the American Medical Technologist (AMT).
- Licensure/Registration: Certification/registration as determined by the American Society for Clinical Pathology
(ASCP) or AMT.
- Experience: One year of experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician
- BLS: current American Heart Association or the American Red Cross Healthcare Provider (HCP) Life Support
Certificationertificate graduate from a medical laboratory technician training program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), or an educational program acceptable to the American Medical Technologist (AMT).
The duty hours for this position are 8 working hours between 7:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday to Friday.
If you are a highly motivated individual with the required qualifications and experience, we invite you to apply for this position. Join our team and contribute to the delivery of high-quality healthcare services.