Monday – Friday 0730 – 1630
EDUCATION: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD), graduated from an American Psychology Association accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology.
INTERNSHIP/RESIDENCY: Successful completion from an internship in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
EXPERIENCE: Two Years’ Experience with evidence-based therapies and techniques, and psychological assessment in the evaluation of diagnosis and treatment of disorders (e.g. cognitive and personality).
LICENSURE: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands.
CERTIFICATION: Must have Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Practice within the guidelines of their state licensing board, American Psychological Association Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct, and MTF privileges.
• Conduct psychological evaluations utilizing information from clinical interviews, psychological testing/psychodiagnostic testing (e.g. cognitive and personality assessment), and collateral sources, as appropriate.
• Conduct military-specific evaluation including but not limited to Command Directed Evaluations, Security Clearances, Military Training Instructor Clearances, and Medical Evaluation Boards as needed.
• Establish psychiatric diagnoses according to the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Disorders.
• Provide psychological treatment for individuals and groups; help medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries.
• Assist in rehabilitation of patients.
• Maintain accurate and current notes in the electronic medical record.
• Attend and participate in meetings during normal duty hours including, but not limited to: Mental Health Flight Meetings, Clinical Case Staffing and Professional Staff.