We are currently seeking an experienced Emergency Room Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team at Eglin AFB. The ideal candidate will possess a BSN or ASN with appropriate ER room services, along with a valid unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse. The successful candidate will have previous experience in emergency nursing, including moderate sedation for procedures. BSN candidates should have a minimum of 12 months active ER medicine experience, while ADN candidates should have at least 2 years of experience. As an Emergency Room Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for assessing patients, including the ability to assess/evaluate telephonically and quickly react in emergency situations. If you are a self-starter with excellent critical thinking and communication skills, and the ability to react promptly and appropriately to provide effective care during emergency situations, respiratory or cardiac arrest, we encourage you to apply.
• Degree/Education (5.2.4): BSN or ASN with appropriate ER room services.
• Certification: BLS, ACLS, PALS
• Experience: Previous experience in emergency nursing to include moderate sedation for procedures is required. 12 months active ER medicine for BSN, 2 years ADN.
• Licensure: valid unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in any US state/jurisdiction.
Duty Hours: 12 hours shifts, 0615 – 1815 or 1815 – 0615 Sunday through Saturday. Shifts will cover weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Employees are scheduled according to the panama schedule. Employees are to remain on shift until appropriate shift change is complete for adequate patient safety handoff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Assess patients, including the ability to assess/evaluate telephonically and possess ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
• Perform/assist with procedures such as endoscopic procedures, manometry, conscious sedation, prepping patient for procedures and recovering patients post procedure, bladder catheterizations, pulse oximetry, oxygen administration, EKGs, and other clinic specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols.
• Ensure proper documentation and coding of procedures and treatments.
• only release medical information obtained during this contract to other Leadership staff involved in the care and treatment of that individual patient.
• Possess basic knowledge in management and daily operation of an emergency department servicing many patients with a variety of healthcare needs and illnesses.
• Arrange for procedures and perform telephone follow-up, as appropriate. ER nurse shall ensure medication/supplies are replenished.
• Possess basic knowledge of emergency procedures to react promptly and appropriately to provide effective care during emergency situations, respiratory or cardiac arrest.
"*" indicates required fields