Monday – Friday 0700 – 1700
- Education: Graduate from Surgical Technology program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or completion of a formal training program provided by any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Air Force) for surgical technicians, surgical technologists, or operating room technicians.
- Certification: Certified as a Surgical Technologist (CST) from The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or certified as a Tech-in-Surgery (TS-C) from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) or possess a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) certification as a surgical technician and/or operating room technician.
- Experience: Shall have at least 12 months of experience within the last 36 months assisting with ears, nose and throat surgical procedures in an operating room or clinical setting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitors and records physiological measurements.
- Performs portions of medical treatment, diagnostic, and therapeutic procedures such as ear cleanings.
- Cares for, observes, and reports on postoperative patients and seriously or critically ill and injured patients.
- Records treatments and procedures rendered and observes effects.
- Prepares and administers medications under nurse or physician supervision.
- Adheres to infection control procedures including use of personal protective equipment, disposal of waste, and aseptic technique.
- Assists providers with application/removal of splints, sutures, staples, and dressings as instructed.
- Assists providers with minor clinical procedures to include, but not limited to myringotomy & pressure equalization tube placement, punch and other diagnostic biopsies, and fine needle aspiration.
- Accompanies surgeon to the operating room to circulate, scrub and/or assist in surgical procedures including, but not limited to, general head & neck, middle ear, laryngeal, soft palate & throat, nose, and any other procedures, as necessary.