ReadiForce & Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. (PPDG) are seeking a Speech Pathologist to provide care to our military men and women and their beneficiaries at Nellis, AFB, NV.
Are you ready to take on new experiences and make a difference working with our brave Heroes and their families? This is an opportunity of a lifetime. Don’t let it pass you by!
- Degree/Education:A Masters or Doctoral degree in communication disorders or speech pathology from a speech pathology program acceptable to the USAF Surgeon General and accredited by the American-Speech Language and Hearing Association (ASHA).
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support BLS is required
- Completed the clinical fellowship year (CFY) and acquired a Certiciate of Clinical Competence from ASHA. Also, a minimum of 36 months of direct experience as a licensed speech pathologist in a hospital or rehabilitation setting.
- A current, unrestricted license Pathology in any U.S. territory or any of the 50 states.
- Perform a full range of Speech Pathology services in accordance with the scope of clinical privileges granted by the Commanding Officer.
- Provide appropriate therapeutic procedures and provide a full range of therapy services in support of patient referrals from MOMMC providers.
- All patient contact and care shall be safe, timely, result in achievement of realistic and documented treatment goals, and comply with or satisfy the intent of the referring medical staff.
- Independently formulate and conduct diagnostic evaluation and therapy for in-patients and out-patients with severe communication and/or swallowing disorders.
- Treat patients who have been determined to have deficits in the areas of language comprehension and/or expression, cognitive functioning, speech sound, articulation, voice productions, fluency, or feeding/swallowing.
- Provide prevention, screening, consultation, assessment and diagnostic, treatment, intervention, management counseling, and follow-up services for disorders of speech and language, including comprehension and expression in oral, written, graphic, and manual modalities.
- Treat cognitive aspects of communication and language processing to include pre-literacy and language-based literacy skills and phonological awareness.
- Perform clinical bedside swallow evaluation and intervention.
If you have a calling for serving our Nation’s Heroes and their families please submit your resume for immediate consideration or call Ana Cabral at 210-253-3816 for more details.