Immediate Opening for RN Utilization Manager (Team Lead) to support the Cardiology Clinic at Keesler Air Force Base, MS.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Receives and makes patient telephone calls and computer/written correspondence regarding specialty clinic appointments and referrals. Routinely monitors referral management CHCS queue to ensure patients are being called that do not utilize the Referral Management Center walk-in service.
- Obtains pertinent information from patients and enters data in MilitaryHealth System (MHS) Genesis, CliniComp (Essentris), referral database
- Develops and implements a comprehensive Utilization Management plan/program for beneficiaries
- Performs data/metric collection. Analyzes data and prepares reports to describe resource utilization patterns.
- Collaborates with Referral Management Center to identify all open referrals and ensures resubmission.
- As Team Lead, acts as the liaison between Contractor personnel and flight leadership.
- Assesses patients’ conditions for potential or life-threatening crises.
- Carries out prescribed physician orders and documents in patient medical records.
- Instructs patient/family regarding prescribed medications/therapies and invasive/diagnostic procedures that must be accomplished.
- Responsible for the coding of all appointments, procedures, and studies that take place within the cardiology department.
- Registered Nurse-Cardiology Clinic/Utilization Management/Team Lead will be required to travel to the Biloxi VA, approximately 10 miles round trip, for meetings or to help coordinate care for VA patients coming to Keesler Medical Clinic for care.
- Must have a working knowledge of Ambulatory Procedure Grouping (APGs), Diagnostic Related Grouping (DRGs), and ICD.
- Be able to independently identify, plan, and carry out projects with consideration for the goals and objectives of the cardiopulmonary flight.
- Possess knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in treatment of patients, the desired effects, side effects, complications, and usual dosage of their use Be able to interpret cardiac rhythms and their implications, intervene on emergent changes.
Education and Certification
- Must possess an Associate’s Degree in Nursing from a college or university accredited by the NLNAC, or The CCNE.
- Must have and maintain certification in BLS and ACLS/ALS.
- Licensure: Registered Nurse Cardiology Clinic/Utilization Management/Team Lead shall require an active, full, and unrestricted nursing license
- Experience: Must have a minimum of four years of clinical nursing experience and two years of full time employment in a nursing field within the last 36 months. Must have one year of previous utilization management experience within their nursing career.
Compensation and Benefits. We offer a full benefits package, competitive salaries, vacation and holiday pay. Contact us for further details.
- Healthcare/Medical Plan – Several Options available including a PPO, EPO, or a high-deductible health plan with HSA
- Health & Welfare (H&W) Employer Contribution – H&W is used to offset the cost of your elected benefits. Any unused amount will be deposited into your 401(k) account.
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays Annually
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Group Voluntary Term Life, Spouse Life, Dependent Life
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Plans
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. is a Department of Defense contractor. Our employees provide medical services, technical services, and professional support services at military medical facilities across the U.S. and Europe. We have been in business for 36 years and we have contracts with the Army, Navy, and Air Force. Our success is based on our commitment to our employees and providing services & solutions that meet needs and exceed expectations.
Contact Robert Espinoza at 210-253-3838 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Performance Development Group specializes in sourcing Top Medical Providers to provide medical services at U.S. Government facilities. Your success is our aim and purpose. In this role you will be able to grow and serve our military and their families.