Immediate Opening for Registered Nurses to support the Cardiology Clinic at Keesler Air Force Base, MS.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Reacts with alertness and skill in any emergency situation including but not limited to, cardiac or respiratory arrest, hemorrhage, and shock.
- Provides professional nursing care to patients undergoing procedures within the cardiac cath lab and other diagnostic cardiac testing procedures to include, left and right heart catheterizations, pacemaker implants, percutaneous vascular procedures, intra-aortic balloon insertions, transvenous pacemaker insertions, pericardiocentesis, loop recorder implant/explants, EP procedures, percutaneous interventions
- Establishes and utilizes a checklist to monitor the physical plan of the cardiac cath lab and equipment
- Transcribes or verifies transcription of physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications to include multiple medication drips and intravenous push drugs
- Possess knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in treatment of patients, the desired effects, side effects, complications and usual dosage of their use
- Be able to interpret cardiac rhythms and their implications, intervene on emergent changes.
- Must be knowledgeable of laboratory test values.
- Must be able to stand while wearing up to 25 pounds of PPE for up to at least 4 hours.
Education and Certification
- Must possess at least Associate’s Degree in Nursing from a college or university accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Possess BLS and ACLS/ALS
- Must have an active, full, and unrestricted nursing license
- Minimum of two years of experience in a Cardiac Cath Lab, Critical Care Unit, Emergency Department, or a combination of these units within the last 36 months.
- Must have experience using pharmacological agents in patient treatment and Cardiology testing, the desired effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacological agent, including dosage calculations.
- Experience with a wide range of cardiac and vascular disorders and conditions as appropriate and seen in potentially critically ill patients (e.g., Acute Myocardial events, chest pain, decrease in circulation to various areas of the body, and respiratory distress due to poor perfusion).
- Demonstrates knowledge specific to the Cardiology Clinic/Cath Lab population to include all ages from young adult to geriatrics.
Compensation and Benefits. We offer a full benefits package, competitive salaries, vacation and holiday pay. Contact us for further details.
- Healthcare/Medical Plan – Several Options available including a PPO, EPO, or a high-deductible health plan with HSA
- Health & Welfare (H&W) Employer Contribution – H&W is used to offset the cost of your elected benefits. Any unused amount will be deposited into your 401(k) account.
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays Annually
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Group Voluntary Term Life, Spouse Life, Dependent Life
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Plans
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. is a Department of Defense contractor. Our employees provide medical services, technical services, and professional support services at military medical facilities across the U.S. and Europe. We have been in business for 36 years and we have contracts with the Army, Navy, and Air Force. Our success is based on our commitment to our employees and providing services & solutions that meet needs and exceed expectations.
Contact Robert Espinoza at 210-253-3838 or by email at email@example.com.
Professional Performance Development Group specializes in sourcing Top Medical Providers to provide medical services at U.S. Government facilities. Your success is our aim and purpose. In this role you will be able to grow and serve our military and their families.