Description You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Radiation Therapy Technologist like you to be a part of our team.
As a Radiation Therapy Technologist your skills will provide care to patients in the following capacities:
- Administer complex and exact radiation treatments for patients using computer-controlled linear accelerator with MLC’s.
- Assure accurate and consistent patient alignment and support/immobilization, employing laser alignment system, optical range finder, and treatment couch adjustment. Duplicate patient position established at time of simulation.
- Configure radiation head with proper field size, gantry and collimator rotation, beam modification devices to include: wedge filters, custom-mount or template-positioned cerrobend blocks, tissue compensators, bolus material.
- Program control console and verify treatment time, monitor units, and backup timer settings.
- Monitor patient during treatment. Interrupt treatment if necessary to render assistance, first aid, or administer CPR. Respond to radiological emergency in accordance to protocol for runaway machine or exposed radioactive source.
- Maintain permanent treatment record, making daily notation of machine settings and daily/cumulative radiation dose for each patient. Obtain digital images of treated fields using portal imaging system.
- Execute treatment-planning procedures in conformity with physician specifications. Execute high dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy treatments.
Very Competitive Compensation Package
At Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. we want to ensure your needs are met. In these uncertain times we take great care to offer competitive benefits and pay.
- Healthcare/Medical Plan – Several Options available including a PPO, EPO, or a high-deductible
- health plan with HSA
- Health & Welfare (H&W) Employer Contribution – H&W is used to offset the cost of your elected
- benefits. Any unused portion will be deposited into your 401(k) account.
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays Annually
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Group Voluntary Term Life, Spouse Life, Dependent Life
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Plans
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Degree/Education: Registered by the American Registry Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) as a Radiotherapy Therapy Technologist (RTT).
- Licensure/Registration: Must maintain a current, active, valid and unrestricted license from the Texas Medical Board. HCW Must ensure that renewal actions are accomplished well before expiration of the provider’s license to ensure compliance with the contract.
- Experience: Have at least two years of experience in clinical radiotherapy under the supervision of either a board certified RO or MP. Must have experience – to include performing both IGRT and IMRT based patient treatments and daily quality assurance testing – using Varian Radiotherapy linear accelerators equipped with Multi-Leaf Collimator (MLC) and Electronic Portal Imaging Devices (EPID) systems. Must have experience setting up exposure factors when utilizing kV imaging, OBI and OSMS during the localization of treatment area. Must have experience with SRS, SBRT, and HDR brachytherapy treatments.
Contact Jeff Dixon (210) 253-3840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.