Looking for a Certified Pharmacy Technician to provide services at McDonald Army Health Center at Fort Eustis, VA. In this role, you will work side-by-side with active duty military personnel performing a full range of pharmacy technician procedures.
Monday through Friday: Must be available from 6:30 AM-6:30 PM.
- Education: Graduate from a formal pharmacy technician program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) or a formal pharmacy technician program (i.e., technical, hospital, or retail-based program) or a formal medical services training program of the United States Military.
- Certifications: Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) and Basic Life Support certification (BLS)
- Experience: One year of experience as a pharmacy technician after graduation.
- Perform a full range of pharmacy technician procedures.
- Perform pharmaceutical dispensing duties including filling new outpatient prescriptions, refilling prescriptions, and entering orders into databases.
- Perform information consultation duties including supporting new and refill prescriptions, supporting patient requests, supporting physician’s requests, monitoring for drug interactions, and reporting adverse drug reactions.
- Perform quality improvement duties including performing drug storage inspection, reviewing expired supplies, and producing error and workload reports and documentation.
- Perform supply process duties including placing new orders, stocking/restocking shelves, inventory maintenance, producing not in stock reports.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a full benefits package, competitive salaries, vacation and holiday pay. Contact us for further details.