8-to-12-hour shifts from 0000-2359 Sunday to Saturday
- Education: A Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral degree in Pharmacy from a college of pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).
- Licensure: current, valid, unrestricted license to practice as a pharmacist.
- Experience: One Year of professional pharmacy experience within the last two years.
Type of Work: (The duties include but are not limited to the following)
- Perform a full range of pharmacist procedures.
- Deliver comprehensive pharmaceutical services within the personnel, supply, and equipment capabilities of the facility.
- Counsel patients regarding appropriate use of medications.
- Review patient profiles at the time of dispensing in order to closely monitor medication therapy.
- Ensure prescription directions for use, dose, medication interactions, therapeutic duplications or overlaps, allergy information, age specific dosage, and other pertinent data are appropriate for individual patients. Intervention with providers shall be made for noted discrepancy of above listed items.
- Compound medications as required.
- Ensure accuracy of all pharmaceutical products prepared or processed by technical staff.
- Supervise inventory control of all pharmaceuticals in the pharmacy, especially scheduled pharmaceuticals, and ensure pharmacy security. Maintain appropriate records and security of all scheduled controlled substances according to applicable regulations.
- Provide professional customer service to patients and hospital staff.
- Perform administrative tasks, including but not limited to answering phones.