Looking for a Pharmacist to provide services at the 96th Medical Group Hospital at Eglin AFB, FL. In this role, you will work side-by-side with active duty military personnel performing a full range of pharmacist’s procedures. As a pharmacist you will work in the satellite, outpatient, and inpatient facilities to facilitate drug distribution and provide drug therapy across continuum of care.
Hours: This position will include day, evening, night, weekends and holiday shifts. Rotating shifts
- Bachelors of Science or Doctoral degree in Pharmacy from a college of pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a pharmacist in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Basic Life support (BLS) Certification
- Registered with the Board of Pharmacy.
- 1 year of inpatient pharmacist within the past 3 years practicing as a pharmacist.
- Evaluate medical and medication histories for drug-related problems and adjusting drug therapy accordingly.
- Consult with other healthcare providers (e.g., physicians, dietitians, nurses, physical therapists, etc.) about patient treatment needs or options.
- Perform a full range of outpatient and inpatient pharmacist procedures.
- Review patient profiles at the time of dispensing in order to closely monitor medication therapy.
- Ensure prescription directions for use, dose, medication interactions, therapeutic duplications or overlaps, allergy information, age specific dosage, and other pertinent data are appropriate for individual patients.
- Ensure accuracy of all pharmaceutical products prepared or processed by technical staff.
- Consult with other specialty practitioners to provide optimal patient pharmaceutical care.
- Document significant medication interactions, and pharmacy interactions with prescribers. Conduct Adverse Drug Reaction (ADR) reporting in accordance with The Joint Commission (TJC) or the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC) standards as appropriate.
- Provide direction to pharmacy personnel.
- Prepare all documentation to meet or exceed established medical treatment facility standards, to include, but not limited to: timeliness, accuracy, content, and signature.
- Ability to respond to cardiac arrest and “code blue” life support situations in an urgent manner.
- Supervise inventory control of all pharmaceuticals in the pharmacy, especially scheduled pharmaceuticals, and ensure pharmacy security. Maintain appropriate records and security of all scheduled controlled substances according to applicable regulations.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a full benefits package, competitive salaries, and vacation pay. Contact us for further details.
Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. is a Department of Defense contractor, and that means our employees provide medical services, technical services, and professional support services at military medical facilities across the U.S. and Europe. We have been in business for 36 years, and we have contracts with the Army, Navy, and Air Force. Our success is based on our commitment to our employees and providing services & solutions that meet needs and exceed expectations.
If you have a calling for serving our Nation’s Heroes please submit your resume for immediate consideration or call Angela Lemus at 210-253-3822 or by email at email@example.com.