Looking for a Pathology Technician to provide services at the 96th Medical Group Hospital at Eglin AFB, FL. In this role, you will work side-by-side with active duty military personnel performing a full range of pathology technician procedures.
Monday through Friday: Must be available from 6:00 AM-5:30 PM.
- Histotechnology Certificate (ASCP) or graduated from a medical laboratory technician training program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or educational program acceptable to the American Medical Technologist (AMT).
- Current certification as a Pathology Technician or Histopathology. Certification/registration as determined by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or AMT and Basic Life Support certification (BLS).
- 2 years of experience within the last 3 years
- Must have normal color vision.
- Support all the clinics during contingency exercises as directed.
- Provide anatomic and clinical pathology specimen services as scheduled by the Chief of the Department.
- Meet the educational requirements, skills, and experience necessary for gross dissection of small biopsy samples as per the College of American Pathologists requirements.
- Prepare surgical, cytological and autopsy specimens.
- Receive and prepare specimens for fixation, dehydration and impregnation processes by either manually or automatically sending specimens through a series of formalins, alcohols, clearing agents and paraffins. Have knowledge of organization, filing and proper storage of paraffin embedded tissue, glass slides, photographs and reports.
- Have experience and professional knowledge with immunopathology and performance of immunohistochemistry. Assist in the optimization and validation of new immunohistochemistry stains and run the immunohistochemistry machine with appropriate quality controls. Professional knowledge of histochemical and immunopathology principles and concepts and methodology sufficient to perform a full range of procedures including non-routine, complex samples in a reference setting. Able to develop and perform new assay validations.
- Be familiar with general medical terminology and be able to provide transcription services for preliminary, final and consultation reports. Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe is desired.
- Have experience in assisting a pathologist with fine needle aspiration procedures. Additionally, the Pathology Technician will be able to prepare frozen sections in a timely manner for review by the pathologist.
- Have experience performing and recording quality control measures and collating the data. He/she is able to operate, maintain and perform minor repair and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Be knowledgeable in all areas of general laboratory procedures such as; methods of fixing, staining, embedding, and cutting all types of tissue. Have knowledge of properties of various biological stains and reagents, pathological equipment operations and medical laboratory terminology.
- Be able to maintain all College of American Pathologists accreditation requirements and maintain relevant documentation.
- Will help in the training and development of the other histotechnicians.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a full benefits package, competitive salaries, vacation and holiday pay. Contact us for further details.
Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. is a Department of Defense contractor, and that means our employees provide medical services, technical services, and professional support services at military medical facilities across the U.S. and Europe. We have been in business for 36 years, and we have contracts with the Army, Navy, and Air Force. Our success is based on our commitment to our employees and providing services & solutions that meet needs and exceed expectations.
If you have a calling for serving our Nation’s Heroes please submit your resume for immediate consideration or call Angela Lemus at 210-253-3822 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.