Compassionate and caring? Come join our team! Seeking talented and experienced Part-Time Physician Assistant Monday- Friday day shift. holidays weekends free! Excellent compensation package to include benefits.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Graduate from an accredited college or university certified by the Accreditation review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARCPA).
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant
- 2 years’ experience within the last 3 years as a Physician Assistant
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
Provide a full range of Physician Assistant services in primary and specialty medical care
- Acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated).
- Technically direct and provide care for a variety of diseases and types of injuries
- (i.e., acute, chronic and minor trauma), and the skills to recognize emergency
- conditions in order to diagnose, prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders and
- injuries, and refer the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified
- medical personnel and perform designated treatment.
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide educational lectures and participate in in- service training to staff members.
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Prescribe in accordance with approved treatment protocols and the Pharmacy and
- Therapeutics Committee approved medications and immunizations.
- Identify a medical problem and determine appropriate action to meet the problem, including referral to a physician.
- Perform specific diagnostic and therapeutic practices and procedures in accordance with scope of practice.
- Establish collaborative rapport with physician, nursing and others in order to promote and facilitate primary care services.
- Teach patients and family member’s healthy regimen and responsibility for achieving wellness.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement