Immediate Opening for Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS) Administrator to support the Cardiology Clinic at Keesler Air Force Base, MS.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Ensures equipment and network are operational before, during, and after a scheduled procedure. Maintains equipment maintenance according to Guidelines, manufacturer specifications on quality assurance/controls.
- Performs operational check or inspections, calibration, and quality control levels according to the manufacturer specifications. Assists with quality assurance/controls and improvement efforts, and data (collection, analysis, and biometrics).
- Participates in administrative/support functions as well as continuing education programs to maintain skill and/or knowledge in order to meet the medical center’s vision of train, teach and treat, and delivering Trusted Care Principles.
- Adds/Changes/Deletes users on PACS, ScImage, and related systems, including adding new users, putting new users into appropriate user groups, granting appropriate privileges, changing user profiles, deleting/inactivating users, and maintaining all other PACS, ScImage, and Voice Dictation System user management functions.
- Provides User Training, including planning and coordinating training (personnel, site, equipment, materials) with equipment manufacture personnel, upon system purchase and during software upgrades devices (purchased workstations, servers, archives, etc. supplied by product manufacturer), moves or removes manufacturer supplied hardware, adds workstation licenses, database license, Digital Imaging and Communication Medicine (DICOM) licenses, Radiology Information System (RIS) interface licenses, etc.
- Installs and sets up workstation hardware supplied by the organization, including physicians’ computers to be able to use PACS viewing software Diagnostic/Review Desktop workstation license.
- Plans and coordinates software upgrades with product manufacture personnel.
- Coordinates the installation and maintenance of other software programs (e.g., Microsoft office, e-mail, etc.) to workstations.
- Monitors studies, transfers external patient exams to PACS, and corrects studies when images are in the wrong study, when study is in the wrong patient folder or when patient merge, study re-allocation, or image re-allocation is required.
- Tracks and notifies product manufacturer personnel when modality software upgrades, RIS/Hospital Information System (HIS) system software upgrades, or other related information system upgrades are required as directed by MERC.
- Collaborates with and assists the Department of Radiology with PACS network usage issues as necessary to support the Cardiology department.
- Must be able to stand while wearing up to 25 pounds of PPE for up to 2 hours.
- Education and Certification: Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in related healthcare field or information systems. Equivalent experience considered in lieu of education, or; directly related work experience may substitute education on a year-for-year basis.
- Must have and maintain certification in BLS and Security Plus (Comp TIA).
- Experience: Minimum of two years of experience as a PACS technician/administrator within the last four years to include experience in basic troubleshooting on medical equipment, communicating and working with biomedical equipment technicians as well as equipment manufacturing companies to assist in diagnosing and resolving of issues with equipment.
Compensation and Benefits. We offer a full benefits package, competitive salaries, vacation and holiday pay. Contact us for further details.
- Healthcare/Medical Plan – Several Options available including a PPO, EPO, or a high-deductible health plan with HSA
- Health & Welfare (H&W) Employer Contribution – H&W is used to offset the cost of your elected benefits. Any unused amount will be deposited into your 401(k) account.
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays Annually
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Group Voluntary Term Life, Spouse Life, Dependent Life
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Plans
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. is a Department of Defense contractor. Our employees provide medical services, technical services, and professional support services at military medical facilities across the U.S. and Europe. We have been in business for 36 years and we have contracts with the Army, Navy, and Air Force. Our success is based on our commitment to our employees and providing services & solutions that meet needs and exceed expectations.
Contact Robert Espinoza at 210-253-3838 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Performance Development Group specializes in sourcing Top Medical Providers to provide medical services at U.S. Government facilities. Your success is our aim and purpose. In this role you will be able to grow and serve our military and their families.