Looking for a Medical Records Technician to provide services at Naval Health Clinic at Cherry Point, NC. In this role, you will work side-by-side with active duty military personnel performing a full range of medical records technician duties.
Monday through Friday: 7:30 AM-4:30 PM
- At least one-year relevant experience or specialized Registered Health Information Technician.
- Requirements include prolonged walking, standing, sitting or bending.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency. Basic medical terminology required.
- Must be able to carry 25-50 pounds and reach high shelving units with the assistance of stepladders to retrieve and file medical records.
- A fully qualified typist (computer keyboard) with a minimum of 40 WPM is required.
- English language, correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to prepare and edit written correspondence, reports, and transcribed material.
- Standard office equipment, such as computers, typewriters, copiers, fax machines, telephone systems and office automation systems, to perform a substantial range of medical record maintenance support.
- General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards for complete, prompt, and accurate health records.
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as a medical records technician to process and maintain inpatient, outpatient or ambulatory procedure unit medical records. Required to compile, extract or locate medical information/data to ensure medical record accountability and availability in accordance with DoD and medical service standards
- Initiates and maintains medical records in accordance with prescribed directives
- Files military forms documenting patient care into patient medical records.
- Conducts daily pull, delivery and retrieval of patient records.
- Searches for missing paperwork or records. Requests information pertaining to patient treatment to place in the medical record.
- Prepares reports regarding record statistics as necessary. Participates in records review as part of the facility’s quality assurance program and in accordance with accreditation standards.
- Reviews records to ensure proper and complete documentation in a timely manner.
- Retires medical records in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a full benefits package, competitive salaries, vacation and holiday pay. Contact Angela Lemus at 210-253-3822 for further details.