Looking for a Medical Office Clerk to provide services at Naval Health Clinic at Cherry Point. In this role, you will work side-by-side with active duty military personnel performing a full range of medical office clerk duties.
Monday through Friday: Must be available from 7:15 AM-4:15 PM.
Education: High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency. Medical terminology desired.
· Fully qualified typist with a minimum of 50 WPM is required.
· General medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills
· General office administrative and clerical skills to perform receptionist duties and answer skills
· At least six months of experience in office setting
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Greets patients/visitors at a front desk, information center or office setting.
· Answers main office phone line. Directs calls to appropriate section for assistance. Takes messages as required.
· Arranges and schedules medical appointments and determines patient eligibility for services.
· Obtains updates and files medical records as needed.
· Organizes and researches patient records, extract needed information, and review records for completeness, accuracy, and consistency within established guidelines.
· Ensures arrival of medical records prior to appointment(s).
· Initiates and locates patient medical records as needed
· Obtains documentation as requested by healthcare providers
· Creates appointment schedules and templates in patient appointment computer system.
· Conducts end-of-day process at close of business and resolves any delinquent or pending appointments in computer system.
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a full benefits package, competitive salaries, vacation and holiday pay. Contact us for further details.