Immediate Opening for Medical Coder – Cardiovascular to support the Cardiology Clinic at Keesler Air Force Base, MS.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Responsible for assignment of accurate Evaluation and Management (E&M), International Classification of Disease (ICD), Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and Healthcare Common procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes and modifiers from medical record documentation.
- Identifies and abstracts information from medical records (paper and electronic) for special studies and audits, both internal and external.
- Maintains a delinquency report of missing records in order to facilitate completion of work within the required thresholds.
- Works directly with the cardiology department staff
- Responsible for the coding of all appointments, procedures, and studies that take place within the cardiology department.
- Depending on cardiology workload, may be asked to assist the hospital’s coding department.
- Position requires excellent computer/communication skills for provider and staff interactions.
- Knowledge of anatomy/physiology and disease process, medical terminology, coding guidelines (outpatient), documentation requirements, familiarity with medications and reimbursement guidelines, and coder experience.
- Work is primarily sedentary. Requirements may include prolonged walking, standing, sitting or bending. Carrying or lifting of medical records may be required daily. Use of one or more computer programs and monitors may be required daily.
- Shall be required to learn unique military health care systems and procedures
Education and Certification
- The following are recognized certifications and the contractor must possess one: Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coder Specialist-Physician (CSS-P)
- An accrediting institution recognized by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and/or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) must accredit education.
Experience: Minimum of two years coding experience with one of those years being cardiovascular coding experience (physician’s office or ambulatory surgery centers) within the last 4 years, including assignment of E&M, CPT, and HCPCS codes. Multiple specialties encompass different medical specialties (i.e. Family Practice, Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, OB/GYN, etc.) that utilize ICD, E&M, CPT and HCPCS codes.
Compensation and Benefits. We offer a full benefits package, competitive salaries, vacation and holiday pay. Contact us for further details.
- Healthcare/Medical Plan – Several Options available including a PPO, EPO, or a high-deductible health plan with HSA
- Health & Welfare (H&W) Employer Contribution – H&W is used to offset the cost of your elected benefits. Any unused amount will be deposited into your 401(k) account.
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays Annually
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Group Voluntary Term Life, Spouse Life, Dependent Life
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Plans
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. is a Department of Defense contractor. Our employees provide medical services, technical services, and professional support services at military medical facilities across the U.S. and Europe. We have been in business for 36 years and we have contracts with the Army, Navy, and Air Force. Our success is based on our commitment to our employees and providing services & solutions that meet needs and exceed expectations.
Contact Robert Espinoza at 210-253-3838 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Performance Development Group specializes in sourcing Top Medical Providers to provide medical services at U.S. Government facilities. Your success is our aim and purpose. In this role you will be able to grow and serve our military and their families.