• Degree/Education: Graduated from an accredited community college, junior college, college, university, or vocational nursing program approved by the appropriate State agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission.
• Experience: One year of practical or vocational nurse experience after graduation.
• Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license as a practical or vocational nurse.
• Certification: BLS certified.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Assists in routine care and treatment of patients, to include flying and special operational duty personnel, when required.
• Organizes the medical environment, performs, and participates in support activities for outpatient care situations, including contingency operations and disasters.
• Performs administrative duties for outpatients in accordance with established policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
• Assists with patient check-ins, admissions, discharges, transfers and accomplish medical record reviews as directed
• Initiate, perform and complete assigned duties in providing care to variable patient populations.
• Complete assigned patient care based on the patients’ conditions, use judgment in selecting the appropriate order and sequence of procedures and treatments, and accurately recognize, report and record relevant patient information.
• Observe, identify, and respond to the patient’s needs for care, including medication, equipment-assisted care, and patient/family education.
• Prepare and administer prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular and/or intravenous) and perform treatments according to established policies/procedures.
• Recognize urgent or emergent patient care situations, seek assistance of the RN and/or MD/DO, and initiate appropriate emergency interventions as directed.
• Perform support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures, which include preparing the patient, assisting in the diagnostic examination, preparing, and handling specialized instruments or other specialized equipment, and monitoring the patient’s condition before, during, and following the procedure.