Professional Performance Development Group, Inc.(PPDG) are seeking an INTERNAL MEDICINE PHYSICIAN provide care to our military and their beneficiaries at the Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst.
- Completion of a residency or fellowship in internal medicine acceptable to the Surgeon General, HQ USAF, is mandatory.
- Current board certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine or the American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine
- Have been employed in the practice of Internal Medicine or in training for 24 of the last 36 months.
TYPE OF WORK. The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Facilitate patient access to medical care by recommending appropriate referrals to other healthcare providers in accordance with policies and regulations.
- Provide outpatient services for patients as scheduled by the Government.
- Care shall include but not be limited to routine general internal medicine care to include care for acute and chronic patient conditions.
- Will become the primary care manager for a panel of patients.
Duties managing patient care to include approving/disapproving specialty
referrals, answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff, refilling prescriptions, providing primary andsecondary preventative maintenance care.
The internal medicine physician shall provide immediate evaluation and management of emergency problems as they occur
Havesufficient experience to be able to adequately diagnose and treat diseases and
Injuries to include, but not limited to thefollowing:
Cardiovasculardiseases – congestive heart failure, hyper-tension, arrhythmias, acutemyocardial iniarction
- Respiratory diseases – asthma,bronchitis, pulmonary thromboembolism, and pulmonary insufficiency and adultrespiratory distress. syndrome
- Gastrointestinaldiseases – peptic ulcer diseaSe, gastritis, pancreatitis, cirrhosis andalcoholic liver
- Endocrinology – diseases of the thyroid,diabetes mellitus
- Rheurnatology sarcoidOsis, degenerativejoint disease
- Renal – acute renal failure, urinary tractinfection Infectious diseases – infectious diarrheas, bacterial Infections,hospital-acquired infections, tuberculosis, and other microbacterial infections.