We are currently seeking a talented Clinical Pharmacist to provide care at the Nellis AFB. Great opportunity to work with our military community, providing care to our active duty soldiers.
- Normal duty hours shall start between 0600 hrs – 1100 hrs and end between 1500 hrs – 2000 hrs, Monday – Friday. Eight to twelve hours per shift, up to 84 hours in a two-week period. Each FTE will be required to work rotating weekend shifts. Weekends will consist of twelve hours per shift, starting between 0600 hrs – 0800 hrs during both weekend days and ending between 1800 hrs – 2000 hrs during both weekend days
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
- Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE).
- Completion of a clinical pharmacy residency or fellowship accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists or American College of Clinical Pharmacy or documentation of appropriate education, training, and/or CME in the practice of clinical pharmacy.
- Must have 12 months within the previous 24 months full time experience OR Board certification in one or more of the pharmacy specialties recognized by the Board of Pharmaceutical Specialties OR Completion of a clinical pharmacy residency or fellowship accredited by the American Society of Health System Pharmacists or American College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a pharmacist.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to review oncology, intravenous (IV) medication therapy, neonatal care, nutrition, pain therapy, and geriatrics orders.
- Provide guidance in dispensing medications, making purchasing decisions, monitoring drug therapy, verifying calculations and preparing IV medication, and overseeing drug administration.
- Counsel Physicians and clinicians during rounds to discuss proper patient medications and dosing.
- Educate discharge patients on medications.
- Knowledge of operating electronic medication vaults (i.e. Pyxis, Omnicell, etc.) for removal and replenishment of narcotic medications.
- Able to operate pharmacy electronic patient profile computer systems such as AHLTA, CliniComp, MHS Genesis, or CHCS computer systems.
- Deliver comprehensive pharmaceutical services within the personnel, supply, and equipment capabilities of the facility.
- Counsel Patients regarding appropriate use of medications. Ability to educated discharge patients on medications.
- Review patient profiles at the time of dispensing in order to closely monitor medication therapy.
- Ensure prescription directions for use, dose, medication interactions, therapeutic duplications or overlaps, allergy information, age specific dosage and other pertinent data are appropriate for individual patients. Intervention with providers shall be made for noted discrepancy of above listed items.
- Compound medications as required.
- Work closely with clinical staff in developing patient wellness programs such as smoking cessation programs and asthma classes.
- Provide medication information and medication therapy guidelines to the clinical staff as required.
- Provide clinical direction to pharmacy personnel. Ensure pertinent data is appropriate for individual patients. Intervention with providers shall be made for noted discrepancy of above listed items.