Description You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Certified Medical Dosimetrist like you to be a part of our team.
As a Certified Medical Dosimetrist your skills will provide care to patients in the following capacities:
- Provide all necessary dosimetry support for the aid of the treatment with the radiation oncologist, obtaining patients contours, registering different image sets sometimes with the aid of Velocity, determining the volumes to be treated, marking of the patient, and other routine services as required.
- Confer with radiation oncologist to establish requirements of non-standard treatment and determines factors such as positioning and blocking to satisfy these requirements.
- Participate with the radiation oncologist in localizing the volume to be treated, appropriately immobilize the patient, and provide dose distributions (isodose plans).
- Verify treatment parameters (to include but not be limited to: field size, SSD/SAD, points of interest, dose per fraction, total dose, wedges, and blocks) by an independent calculation and enter such data on the bottom of the computer printout then sign it before placement in the patient’s chart.
- Provide treatment plan to the responsible radiation oncologist for approval before implementation
Very Competitive Compensation Package
At Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. we want to ensure your needs are met. In these uncertain times we take great care to offer competitive benefits and pay.
- Healthcare/Medical Plan – Several Options available including a PPO, EPO, or a high-deductible
- health plan with HSA
- Health & Welfare (H&W) Employer Contribution – H&W is used to offset the cost of your elected benefits. Any unused portion will be deposited into your 401(k) account.
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays Annually
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Group Voluntary Term Life, Spouse Life, Dependent Life
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Plans
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
- Degree/Education: Certified by the American Association of Medical Dosimetrist (AAMD) as a Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD) or be eligible to take the AAMD Certification exam, and pass the exam within a one year of commencement of work at the facility. Must be registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) as a Radiation Therapy Technologist (RTT) or have an undergraduate degree in mathematics, physical science, or as is necessary for AAMD certification.
- Certification: Must be certified by the American of Medical Dosimetrist (AAMD) as a Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD) or be eligible to take the AAMD certification exam, and pass the exam within one year of commencement of work at the facility.
- Experience: Possess a minimum of five (5) years recent clinical dosimetry experience in 3D treatment planning to include IGRT and IMRT based techniques under the supervision of a board-certified medical physicist (MP)
- Possess experience in performing both hand-based and computer-based monitor unit (MU) calculations.
- Must have clinical experience with total body photon irradiation (TBI), low dose rate (LDR) and high dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy modalities, intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT), volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT), image-guided radiotherapy (IGRT), surface guided radiotherapy (SGRT), stereotactic body radiation therapy(SBRT), stereotactic radiosurgery(SRS), and real-time position management(RPM).
- Have experience fabricating custom treatment aids, such as custom blocks, shields, compensators, molds, casts, and other immobilization devices.
- Must have experience in LDR and HDR brachytherapy.
Contact Jeff Dixon (210) 253-3840 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.