Professional Performance Development Group is seeking an Ambulatory Procedure Visit Medical Coder for Lackland AFB. The United States Air Force Medical Service mission is to ensure medically fit forces, provide expeditionary medics, and improve the health of all we serve to meet our Nation’s needs. This position is located at 59th Medical Wing, Wilford Hall Medical Center at Lackland AFB, TX. You will be required to onboard at the facility, and then teleworking options can be arranged.
- Professional Performance Development Group is seeking an Ambulatory Procedure Visit Medical Coder for Lackland AFB. The United States Air Force Medical Service mission is to ensure medically fit forces, provide expeditionary medics, and improve the health of all we serve to meet our Nation’s needs. This position is located at 59th Medical Wing, Wilford Hall Medical Center at Lackland AFB, TX.Minimum qualifications:
- Education: Ambulatory Procedure Visit Medical Coder – An Associate’s degree or higher in Health Information Management OR A university certificate in medical coding OR At least 30 semester hours’ university/college credit that includes relevant coursework such as anatomy/physiology, medical terminology, health information management, and/or pharmacology OR Successful completion of an American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) coding certification preparation course for professional services or facility coding that includes medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, health information management concepts, and pharmacology.
- Certifications: Certified Professional Coder (CPC), or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P), Certified Outpatient Coder (COC), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), and Certified Evaluation & Management Auditor (CEMA)
- Experience: Must possess a minimum of four (4) years of medical coding and/or auditing experience in two (2) or more medical, surgical and ancillary specialties within the past 10 years. A minimum of one (1) year of performance in the specialty is required to be qualifying. Advanced knowledge and understanding of industry nomenclature; medical and procedural terminology; anatomy and physiology; pharmacology; and disease processes.
Compensation and Benefits. We offer a full benefits package, competitive salaries, vacation and holiday pay. Contact us for further details.
- Healthcare/Medical Plan – Several Options available including a PPO, EPO, or a high-deductible health plan with HSA
- Health & Welfare (H&W) Employer Contribution – H&W is used to offset the cost of your elected benefits. Any unused amount will be deposited into your 401(k) account.
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays Annually
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Group Voluntary Term Life, Spouse Life, Dependent Life
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance Plans
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
For more information please call Ana Cabral at 210.253.3816 or email email@example.com