We are currently seeking a talented Public Health Technician to provide care for the 81st Medical Group at Keesler AFB, MS. Great opportunity to work with our military community, providing care to our Military members. Some of your duties in this role will be to perform epidemiological investigations, health assessments with recommendations and health education on vector borne diseases to our Military forces and base population.
- Associate Degree in nursing or other related educational program such as allied, community health, or public health OR prior military training, and successful completion of Air Force, Army or Navy Public Health Technical training.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Ability to use standard office equipment, such as computers, copiers, fax machines, scanners, telephone, and office automation systems.
- 2 years’ experience in a related Medical/public/community health/nursing position OR four years of prior military experience in a public health position.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds of equipment as required. May be required to stand for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours per day.
Compensation and Benefits. We offer a full benefits package, competitive salaries, vacation, and holiday pay. Contact us for further details.
- Healthcare/Medical Plan – Several Options available including a PPO, EPO, or a high-deductible health plan with HSA
- Health & Welfare (H&W) Employer Contribution – H&W is used to offset the cost of your elected benefits. Any unused amount will be deposited into your 401(k) account.
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays Annually
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Group Voluntary Term Life, Spouse Life, Dependent Life
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance Plans
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account